Monday, January 18, 2016

Hello 2016!



Well Hello To All of You Too!!

Year End of 2015 has past, with all the
Resolutions made....
and here we are,
how many are already broken...
GRIN

Had a Great Holiday Season,
kept it private and quiet and restful.
But did manage to do a wee bit of the arts
over the holidays.

Santa brought me a huge supply
of carving blocks!
So many that they wouldn't
fit in my Holiday Stocking...grin.



Had a great time just playing with the
carving tools and the new blocks.


The only way I know how to learn,
is to just pull up my sleeves and get down to it!


Practice, practice, practice...
and even bloopers can be fun and useable.

And even managed a bit of 
Paper Crafting Time.
Bit of Tag Making
using a Tim Holtz 
Vintage Photo Card


Then taking an old cereal box,
I cut it down to a large envelope size.


Covered it with bits and bobs
of Scrapbooking Papers.
And Attached the tag to the back
of it.


Used a saved bit of wired ribbon
fixing it behind the tag on the back
and wrapping the envelope.
I punched holes on the stationary side,
so it when into my 3 ring binder of keepsakes,
and now I have a fancy envelope to keep
important photos and bits in my binder.

And then the Digital Graphics....Oh my!

Already for the New Year
my Favourite Mischief Circus Designer Shops
have been 
Releasing New Kits and having
some Great Promotions!

And even a New Shop!


Which of course I had to get some of their
Fabulous New Graphics Kits and
have a play!


Her lovely images are so
gorgeous and the colours
she's using, rich!!!


And her Graphics selection 
of Children and Forest Creatures....
oh my, gorgeous!!


Seriously enjoyed having a play!

And my Wonderful Favourite Shops
TumbleFish Studio


With Marsha's New Wonderful Kits
Always a delight!


Marsha's Kits always lend themselves so well
to my sense of humour...GRIN


And the Fabulous
Ms. Nancy over at 


Nancy's Kits are Always Fun!!!




So that's what I've managed 18 Days
into the New Year so far.



Mixing and Matching up Graphics like
this piece I called 'Don't Box Her In'
using some lovely Itkupilli and TumbleFish Studio
Graphics.

So there you go!
Hope you too are finding some quiet, fun, play time
for some arts and crafts.

I'm looking forward to a couple of wonderful
Workshops I'll be taking this month and
in March, and if all goes well, I'll share
some of my finished projects 
from what I've been learning!

So until then, nice to catch up in the New Year 
with You All!
And I'll post again soon, as one of my
New Years Resolutions was to Blog more...GRIN.

And just to put it out there, later on this Spring, 
after Tax Season,
I'm kicking around the idea of having a
general Tag or ATC Swap....
nothing big and fancy, but dipping my
toe back into the waters....interested?
The leave a comment on this post to
encourage me to think more seriously...GRIN.

xoxo

Enjoy!























5 comments:

Julie Lee said...

Ha ha! Guess who's leaving a comment? Sorry, that wasn't meant to seem at all creepy! I really loved this visit! What a great round up of your artiness in 2016 so far! I love the humour and the colour in what you create and those hand-made stamps are great! You work your own magic with those lovely digitals too! My favourite is the red-head one, partly because it's a fabulously funny collage and partly because my boy is a redhead! If you do think seriously about a tag/atc swap I'd be interested! Julie Ann xx

Rett said...

Quite the inspiring post! Love all of your creations, Denise...especially when your sense of humor shows. I'd love to hear more about a tag swap...keep us posted.

Janet Ghio said...

You make me want to carve and cut and paste. And maybe, just maybe i will post on my blog again. I had good intentions to get back to it this year and there it sits--the last post was in October.....

Nancy Baumiller said...

Great post Denise! Love the Red Head piece...my youngest is a red head and so her too! lol Thanks for the mention as well! :) xo

Jackie said...

I enjoyed your post!! You are so creative and I really hope to do digital art this year. I would love a tag or atc swap or maybe both♥♥♥