Post Part 1
I took a day off from Blog Land, as you have to from time to time to get some Art Time in:)
I've been playing with some Commercial Products, and have put together something, I think is a little different.
I'll be posting this project in 3 parts, as it is completed, so if you wish to follow along to make these yourself, jump right in and enjoy:)
I'm thrilled that this part of the project,
last month, was chosen to be posted on
Retro Cafe Art's Gallery Blog Page,
( Thanks so much Kristin!),
as I purchased the blank ATC Holder from Retro's Online Shop.
(You'll find the link to the Shop in my Favourites List:)
The ATC Holder comes flat, and is easy to put together, (I used Inkssentials, Glossy Accents to glue together, but standard glues will work fine too). Then, I chose my paper and covered the entire outside of the box, (to glue the paper, I used Gel Medium).
Then I used Tim Holtz, Distress Ink, Walnut Stain, to grunge up all the corners and edges...then came the fun part, embellishments:)
The first picture was of the front of the ATC Holder, using some of Tim Holtz Embellishments, this picture is the back of the Holder. I also put embellishments on the sides, but you'll notice they aren't as detailed as the front and back....there's a reason that will reveal itself in my Part 2 and Part 3 Posts still to come:)
You'll also notice, the feet:)
I found that the material that the ATC Holder is made of worked great for a 'mini foot' idea that I came up with.
The Tim Holtz 'Hitches' that are used in two parts to put things together, I used just the 'nob' end. I used a craft pic to make a small hole and filled the hole with Glossy Accents, and put the post of the hitch in the hole.
Hence the feet!!! ( I think they are cute)
Then I used a new paint that I haven't tried before also purchased from Retro Cafe Art, called No-Prep Metal Paint, by DecoArt, that painted on like a dream! I love this new paint, as it dries, all blemishes and brush strokes disappear! I also used it on the
Number 2, (also a Tim Holtz Product), and again, as it dried, no brush strokes!
So this is Part 1, hope you'll think about giving this a try:)
I'll be posting Part 2, of this project either later today or tomorrow so please check back. I think when you see the complete project, you'll be tempted to make this yourselves!